View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
jje1960

Polar package

This is just MHO, so not looking for contention. I personally think the "Polar Package" is great. They enclosed the underbelly and have run the furnace ducts in that space. Frankly, what else can be done... Unless your going to pay for a unit that has heat strips everywhere and the supporting electric (which needs electric...) I personally think these units are as advertised, with consideration. As long as the furnace unit is running, there is heat down there, if you don't run the furnace and use electric heaters in the unit... then there is no heat down there. Unless that is that you can run the furnace fan, which will pull the warm air through the ducks (from electric heaters in the unit), which may warm the under carriage areas. If you have electric hookup, then any $17.00 Walmart heater in the storage bay will protect the plumbing, also that heat will resonate up through the floor.. somewhat... I don't believe that RV's should be expected to stand up to 10deg temps for extended periods of time, it's a fiberglass box without thermal windows and other "home" insulation. I feel safe taking off for a vacation with temps in the 'teens', if I can keep enough electric and propane on-board for the trip, I think that's what the manufacture intended. RV is obviously recreational vehicle... not a home on wheels, however this is my perspective, others may feel differently.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote