View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
bennydog

Several random thoughts. Has the furnace every been serviced? I have the one in our home cleaned and adjusted every couple of years and it helps. Are all of the ducts connected and in good working order, I had one in the trailer that had a big tear in it, fixed it with duct tape. Have you though about replacing the factory thermostat with a more accurate "home" version? I have a programmable one installed and it does a much better job of keeping the trailer at 68. The factory one was + /- 4 degrees. My brother in law full times in a 5er in Elko NV where the wind blows and it gets really cold. They have a snap on skirt that goes around the whole trailer that help to keep the wind and cold out from underneath. They swear by them. Also says vent covers help. In the end 1/2 a tank per day seems high. We were out for 14 days with over night temp inside the trailer down to 40. With the programmable set to heat it to 68 starting about 6:30 in the morning. We did not use (but came real close) a full 20 lbs bottle.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote