View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 04:41 AM   #25
{tpc}

cookie, I don't know what dealer you are working with, but as been said above, I would try and schedule it for the earliest you can in the morning, especially if on a weekend day. This way they may have time to correct issues that come up that are correctable. You will want to ask all the questions festus listed ahead of time, so that the dealer will know what to expect when you get there. Hopefully things go smooth for you.

Barbell, the description of how dealers act with regards to warranty seems to be the norm. I agree that it shouldn't be but I've heard it time and time again. In fact when working with my dealer, they specifically said so prior to purchase. Originally we had been working with a dealer out of ohio, who was giving us the price we wanted for the unit. I ended up calling a local dealer to compare prices, they were higher at first but then ended up giving us the same deal as the one in ohio, and I didn't have to deal with the tax or plating issues I would have, as well as the warranty issue. Our local dealer was about 10 minutes away, so the choice was easy. I never thought they could come close to the price I was getting, so calling them was just on a whim.

But they specifically said that had I bought it elsewhere, I would have issues getting them to service it. Glad to hear that CW has helped you out though. For me the closest CW is over an hour away.

I think most of the dealers that act this way will eventually acquiesce to doing warranty work, but only after they give significant amount of pushback. Then you drop it off and it sits for 6 months before they get to it.