View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #32
therink

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
This reply is a little late for this but I would encourage anyone that is going to buy a new RV to do what I did.

Prior to buying the RV I asked to meet the service manager. I introduced myself, explained the way I am (impatient, high expectations etc.) and how I expected the purchase, inspection, followup and general condition of the RV to be.

As we progressed into the sale and I agreed to buy the RV I sent the service manager the PDI list from this site (several pages) asked him to review it, complete it on the RV, make notes on what he found etc. I advised him that when I came to sign the papers I wanted a walk thru with that list, which I also took, and we would cover all of it again. He did and the only issues I've had are things that have been flukes that weren't, and couldn't have been, covered. Just saying that time spent up front making the dealership do what they should do (and most probably won't without your intervention) will save you a lot down the road.
I did the exact same thing on the last 2 units I bought. The service dept now runs the other way when they see me coming.
I learned the hard way that this is the only way to do it.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote