View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I am not familiar with the layout of your Laredo but you should have reachable access to the back of your HW tank where the bypass valve is located on many HW tanks. Some members have had difficulty finding the access because the rear of the HW tank is often found behind a removable panel, drawer or partition of some sort.
I have never heard of anyone having to crawl underneath and remove a portion of black coroplast underbelly to carry out any stage of the winterizing process. The low-point drains and FW tank drain valve are underneath the unit but are quite accessible and visible in most cases.
I don't have a "central winterizing station" on our '08 Cougar as I have to visit the water pump and the rear of the HW tank (both of which are inside the unit but behind removable panels and crawl underneath to deal with the low-point drains and FW tank.

I don't think winterizing the Laredo should be that difficult and that much different than other models.

Did you happen to ask about the winterizing process when you did your pre-delivery inspection? If so, what were you told by the service tech who did the walk-through with you? Unfortunately, the owner's manual won't be of much help as it is pretty much generic and will only provide you with general information - nothing specific.

Hopefully, other Laredo owners will chime in and offer some suggestions. Don't give up on your unit yet. There is a way around this - it can't be that hard.

And...welcome to the forum!!