View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
geo

Very cruel!

Hank -

I have somehow come to accept that my memories are better left with the words, "Someone told me about . . . ". And from a few other of my posts, you know I am cursed with this memory thing. So, being the type to play into the spirit of the moment, I will say this, though not a very early memory - "Dave Garoway, the chimp, and a very young Barbara Walters", "Sargent Preston of the Mounties", Edsels, Packards, five window Ford pickups, somone stealing my "Captain Midnight Ovaltine Mug" out of our parked car in Enid, watching the Rock Island passenger train (full speed) grab the local mail bag with a hook, Eisenhower's second inaugaruation, the Eniac and Maniac Computers with glass tubes (when bugs were actually moths inside the computers that shorted the electrodes on the tube holders, so "debugging" meant cleaning out the dead moths under the tube holders) and to really top it off . . . Little Wolf, an old Cheyenne Indian, using sign language to purchase Lucky Strikes (unfiltered) from my father's Red & White grocery store in Seiling, OK - Little Wolf still had memories of when he was very young child of standing on a hill with his mother watching the "Great Battle" that took place below between the Native Americans and the white man's army. That "Great Battle" is known to us as "The Little Big Horn" which was the result of the massacre at Black Kettle, OK (Battle of the Wa****a).

Or, so I have been told!!!!!

Sadly,

Ron "Born during the Jurassic"

Note, the above was done at risk of starting a whole new thread, or subject category, in which to bore our "younger members"!
And come on guys, the only difference between Ouachita and Wa****a is one is Choctaw/Caddo and one is Cheyenne for "good hunting grounds"
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote