View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #25
sourdough
Site Team

jshupe

Conversations are meaningless when it comes down to brass tacks. When you are working on the paper trail make sure that you establish the facts, what they have said, what you are now dealing with and push them to make comments or commitments. Push them to acknowledge that they sent you on your way with a dangerous defect. You have to do it sort of on the stealth side but you can do it. Get everything you can in writing and then...sit down in front of the GM...maybe with the salesman. You will be the guy with the short straw if you don't play this in a canny, and aggressive way.

Your spring appears to be in front of the hanger/shackle. Do you think that compressing the spring to get the eye in the bracket will then straighten the axle or has something else happened.? Remember, with the force of that tire facing sideways on your trip home, or from the factory, it placed a tremendous amount of stress on the other components. In addition to the other things I've mentioned I would worry about damage to the spindle. I had one literally cut off the end of the axle once....not pretty, happy or anything else.

I'm hoping you find a way to get them on top of this...but it will all depend on you. Good luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote