View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #32
sourdough
Site Team

jshupe

Sounds like things are turning a little for the better. As JRTJH said, don't let up. Don't take their first offers to help and feel thankful. You bought a brand new trailer; putting a damaged one back together piecemeal is not what you paid for.

Don't let them put a bolt thru the spring and hanger and call it done. I would suggest that you have incurred substantial tire damage whether you can see it or not. You also need to have them pull both wheels on that axle and inspect the lug bolts, hub, spindle etc. I would be looking over their shoulder given their willingness to send you off on the highway with a hanger bolt missing from a spring.

I'm still concerned about the pic that shows the left tire pulled to the inside and you don't mention the right. How does the axle shift forward on the left and not have an impact on the right with a straight axle in between? I would also think you would probably have some sort of underbody damage from the spring eye bouncing around from the road surface, bumps etc. When the tire goes up and down that spring eye is doing a dance under your trailer. You have a LOT to look at and beware of. Unfortunately I'm afraid it is going to take a lot of effort on your part to make sure you don't keep paying for this for a long time. You might even want to grab someone knowledgeable in suspensions and have them look it over with you....especially if you are unfamiliar with their workings. Don't let things ride, don't overlook, don't take no for an answer.....if they are willing to get into this, which they really have to, you need to make sure they get it all because there won't be a 2nd shot in all likelihood.

Good luck and let us know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote