Thread: cabinet hinges
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #12
Bigg-limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The cabinet stiles are most likely "sawdust and glue" and will not hold screws well. Nearly all of us have had a few of our cabinet hinges come loose during travel. Most of us will use a wooden match stick or a toothpick and some wood glue, insert that into the hole and reinstall the hinge using the same screw. If that doesn't hold, you can drill all the way through the stile and use a bolt with a nut on the inside. If you elect to do that, you might want to consider using nylock nuts so they won't work loose.

Loose hinges is a "hassle" but in the big picture, they are not really a big deal. Remember that the same hardware is used in your stick/brick home. If you tried to drag it down the highway at 65MPH, a lot more than a few hinges would be loose.

If you're still in warranty, you could take your trailer to the dealership for repair, but that would likely be a lengthy time without your RV and they would probably do the same "match stick repair" stated above.

Good Luck.
I used to drive 80 mph, up and down the highways with my other toyhaulers, and nothing happened to them. I drove my Fuzion 65 mph for about 30 or 40 miles to the first camping spot, and I had screws on the floor from my sliding glass door, and half were backed out. They just don't build them like they used to.
Bigg-limo is offline   Reply With Quote