View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #8
ohiohideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
WalMart has a hose blowout connection in their RV department for about $2.50. It's hanging with the regulators and brass hosee elbow connectors. I took that fitting, added a piece of black rubber windshield washer hose and plugged it into the air brush fitting I use to "sweep" the garage floor. Just open the low point drains, screw the fitting in the fresh water fitting on the trailer, push the compressor fitting into the rubber hose, turn it on and start opening and closing faucets... Be careful to adjust your compressor regulator to less than 40 PIS or so before you start.

Yeah, I also saw that fitting but if it is the one I am thinking of it was just a 3/4" MNPT down to a piece of tubing 1/4". I wanted to just plug my fitting in the quick disconnect on my air compressor so I went with these components from Home Depot:

1 - standard Air Compressor quick disconnect 1/4" MNPT
1 - 1/2" MIP x 1/4" FIP (Watts Part # A-827)
1 - 3/4" MH x 1/2" FIP (Watts Part # A-668)

Connect them all with a little teflon tape and for about $6 you've got yourself a long lasting fitting that connects straight to your quick disconnect.

My camper is stationary so I only use the city water connection and never put water in the fresh water tank. FWIW, the fitting combination that I am referring will not work on my fresh water tank. I am not sure what fitting type the fresh water tank is but I am pretty sure it is not 3/4" NPT.
ohiohideout is offline   Reply With Quote