Thread: Cougar 27RLS
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
camper 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1313 View Post
If you are still under warranty your dealer should get this covered for you. The correct fix is to pull the window clean the old putty tape off window and side wall then apply new tape to window frame then use a spacer on bottom to sit the window up a little higher in the rough opening, this will solve the gap i see in your pictures. the foam wont work for long. after window is re installed and putty tape is trimmed(should push out around frame when tightening window from inside) calk around window with a sealent obtained at a rv dealer( dont use silicone)where frame meets coach. keeping up on your seals should be done yearly.
I am back to give the final update on my window problem. We took it to the Keystone dealer in Alabama to have them look at the window. They did agree with me that the window was not installed correct. The local dealer whom I did not purchase the trailer from worked with Keystone and repaired the window, they also had to replace one of the graphics when moving the window. Keystone covered all the cost. Thanks to Keystone and the local dealer, Dandy RV.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote