View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
Canam

I just went through a major roof repair this past summer on my Fuzion TH. I had a tear in the rubber roof around the front A/C unit which I thought was a manufacturing fault when they placed the A/C unit in the roof. After seeing another TH pass me on the highway I clued on to another possibility. The front 1/4 of his entire roof was balooned up to create a bubble on his roof about 2 feet high. I wondered if this was happening to me so I placed a camera on the roof and went for a ride.

You can see the roof bubble push the Rubber up onto anything that is in the way, (A/C unit, antenna, Skylights, etc). I then thought I was getting air in under the roof, so when I took the video I taped every light, seam, joint, etc, that I thought might let air in. What I found out was that the glue used to hold the superflex rubber roof was not strong enough to hold the material to the roof substructure. The air traveling over the front section of the RV creates a vacuum and actually sucks the roof upwards (see Bernoulli's theory). The Glue used at manufacturing wasn't strong enough to adhere the rubber roof to the osb roof substructure.
If this is what's happening to your roof causing failure of the lap sealant seams, resealing won't help. They need to reglue your rubber roof back to the substructure and then reseal all seams with lap sealant.
Canam is offline   Reply With Quote