View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Nitrodoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpyle311 View Post
I also own a keystone carbon and the same problem happened with mine except the gap introduced air under the roof liner and tore the front third of my roof, this was after owning it for 12 days! Needless to say it ruined the roof and the repaired roof is a disaster..where I'm going with this is that the dealer looked at the dycor sealant and it was pealing up from every vent, the front roof cap and everywhere it was used. So I believe keystone had a bad lot of glue used that was a man. Defect. Check all of your seals as you don't want to be in my shoes. Also I was told your roof warranty is only good if you resell the dycor every year-also ,misleading. GOOD LUCK!
Add my 2014 Carbon 297 to the roof delamination list. At 3 months old and on our first big trip when we got home we found the whole front seam pulled out and the roof delaminated back 3 inches. When I got it back from being repaired at the dealer the whole front seam was all puckered up and wrinkled about 1 inch tall and on the way home the roof started to delaminate again. I called Alpha the manufacture of the TPO roof and I was told it was a reaction to Dycor seam sealer and Alpha seam sealer HAS to be used on a TPO roof. I gave that information to the dealer during the second repair and this time the seam laid nice and flat. Now 7 months later after my big trip the whole roof is pillowed up and full of air from the front seam all the way back to the first vent and antenna. The only good news was this time the front seam held. I called Keystone and they told me to call Alpha. Alpha told me the reason for the delamination is not enough glue applied when the roof was put on new or the wrong glue was used, and the wrong seam sealer was used around all my vents causing the TPO to delaminate. I was told by Alpha the only proper repair is to replace the TPO roof and the plywood underlayment because you cannot put new glue on old glue, it will not hold. Now my problem is no one wants to step up and fix it. Any ideas?
Nitrodoctor is offline   Reply With Quote