View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
CincyGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 keystone View Post
I have owned other brands before we now have a hideout 26b and have been very happy with it.
The best advice I can give is if it suites your needs and you like the layout go for it.
Keep in mind all TT are made on A assemble line there for they all can have small problems.
But if you have a good dealer these problems will be taken care of quickly.
What ever you brand you end up with just remember dont sweat the small stuff and buy all means HAVE FUN
Agree 100%.

Every company has some quality assurance issues once in awhile so looking for the perfect camper is foolish. Sometimes you get one with no issues and sometimes you get one with a few little things or sometimes a big thing that needs to be corrected. the key is finding a dealer that has great feedback that will take care of it IF you have a problem.

What I did was try to educate myself on the differences or plus and minuses of a camper type by reading as much as I could on the manufactures websites about the differences between camper brands and lines and what the strengths off each were. Some are better insulated, some are meant for 4 season camping/living, some are designed to be light weight, some are designed with other features. Once you decide what is important to you and find a few models that suit your needs, sign up for their forums and read as much as you can about that model or line of campers and see what the people that own them think about them.

Now weigh that with the knowledge the people upset the most scream the loudest but if you see numerous posts about the same issue, that should weigh more heavily than a few. Many people perfectly happy with their campers seldom post.

I felt this method worked well in helping me decide what I wanted. It gave me some education before I went shopping to know if the model the saleman was pushing me towards met my needs or was just a bigger commision check for him.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote