View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #10
Outbackmel

Winterizing add on info

We are located in N Georgia mountains where we leave the RV. I just completed winterizing this morning after enjoying a week of beautiful fall colors.

This past winter, we only had one (too many ) issue. Fortunately, I found it as I was prepping the RV for an early spring trip to Florida. It is a COMMON plastic failure and I just wanted to share with those using compressed air. I used that method for 3 seasons with only the one issue. This year, I decided to go with the fresh water pump; 3 way valve; and put anti freeze in all lines. The method also includes a line blowout to ensure all water is vetted. Then, anti freeze.

I am not going to bore everyone with details. It's an easy process but everything needs to be thought of as you go through the process.

THE PART I WISH TO CAUTION ABOUT: The water line that connects to the rear of the toilet is VERY LIKELY to hold a small amount of water which WILL expand and crack the connecting cap to the toilet. When you turn the water back on in the spring; watch out.....you know the rest of the story!!
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote