Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
alcor I'll give you something to ponder. a fellow i know had as in past tense a beech bonanza single engine with retractable landing gear. when i went with him on a short flight i noticed he alway put the the gear switch up on his take off roll. i ask why he did that .? respons was there is a squawt switch on the gear so when there is weight on the gear the wheels will not retract and when he is airborne he does not have to remember to put the gear up! what if the switch fails "never has happened in 25 years". three weeks later on a rough field (grass strip) departure he hit a bump! yep no weight no lift no more airplane. he was unhurt! you might not be so lucky
WOW switches and overserviced nose wheel struts can really cause a BIG pucker factor..... Seems to me the OP has his mind made up that he's right and none of us are going to change his opinion. After all, he did this before and didn't have any problems so it must work OK. As for me, I worry about a 20 amp breaker on a "dual circuit" with 14/2 Romex (which meets local code). I couldn't imagine sleeping in a box where 16ga wire is "protected" by a 30 amp fuse......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote