Thread: Leaky shower
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
SlowPoke

My 3180RE has a shotty caulk bead across the bottom of the shower ... At first look at PDI, it looked nice and neat. After getting it home, and getting antifreeze sloshed a small bit in the floor of the shower, I noticed the "Pink stuff" had creeped below the bead beside the toilet. I'm going to clean it all off, strip out that caullk and apply a fresh thick bead making sure to work it into the space between the glass wall and floor. It's too far a trip to take it back to my dealer, though they said they would fix it, but I don't mind minor stuff like that as opposed to a 2 hr trip and gas. I would certainly take it to 'em if it was a bit closer though, and if I have anything I can't or won't fix myself for sure!

On a side note, I went to install the Winterization kit a made up the other day, and noticed they never winterized the pump...as soon as I pulled the connection, about 2 cups of clean water flowed from the pump and the tank hose... UGGGHHH!!! Luckily it didn't freeze up before I got all the water out of it, and re-applied some antifreeze to it.

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote