View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

You've hit the nail on the head, Steve. The only "sure fired way" to know where a tank sits is to eyeball it with your own eyes. Taking a part of the bottom off, looking and exploring, then putting it back and moving on down the line will give you pretty much the best overall picture of what's underneath. As for inside, if you remove a "known panel" say for the water pump, if you pay close attention to what's there, then remove the bathroom tub/shower access panels, you can pretty much tell what goes through the wall and under the step from one area to another.

As for as electrical goes, we all know where the converter is located, if you follow the "red wire" from behind the converter, through the floor, and then go under the trailer and eyeball that red wire, you can follow it pretty much to the next "blind spot" and sort of figure out what went where.

Funny thing about Keystone, when I installed my trailer hitch/wiring, I found out that keystone didn't use the industry standard yellow/green/brown/white wiring for the trailer connector. On my trailer, the wires are black, white red and blue. Now that took some "thinkin' and cussin' to get the lights working, but it really wasn't that bad, just frustrating that what should have been a "no brainer" turned into a makeshift ordeal because of wire colors that didn't follow code. It would have been nice to have a wiring schematic so I knew what color was what, but like everyone else, I know it ain't happenin, not with Keystone.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote