View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Ziggy:
Glad to hear you found the pump. You can buy a complete winterizing kit for around $20-$25 I think OR you can buy a small, black plastic hose fitting that snaps into the pump intake. I shoved this fitting into a 3ft length of garden hose. When you winterize, disconnect the intake from the pump, snap in the special plastic fitting and hose, and put the other end in a container of RV antifreeze. If you visit Country RV in Kelowna, they should have this fitting that I am talking about as well as the kit.
(The fitting came with the pump or was given to me by the dealership there)

Once you have drained the HW tank and removed the anode you might lift the pressure release valve and don't forget to turn off the 110 v to the tank. There is a small rocker switch with a cotter pin located in the bottom left hand corner of the recessed compartment (where the anode, pressure valve, etc are located). Make sure this switch is in the off postion. If you leave it on and plug in your RV during the winter , you will have 110V AC trying to heat an empty water tank and you will fry it!

Under your RV there are two capped water pipe ends that protrude slightly from the underbelly. These are the low water drain points for both the hot and cold water system. When you drain your lines, be sure to have these open. Also, dont forget about opening your outside shower tapes and draining those as well.
Hope this helps.