View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Bjenkins,

You can "try" to get Keystone to replace your decals. Historically, it seems members are running about 50/50 in getting Keystone to supply replacement decals. Unless it's in the 1 year warranty, Keystone, to my knowledge has not paid for any labor associated with the replacements. I think it also depends on whether Keystone has the required decals in stock and has more of them than they project they will need for the remainder of the RV's they have projected to build before the next shipment of decals.

You can initiate an email to Keystone customer service on the Keystone website: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s...parts-warranty

You can also call them at: 866) 425-4369

I've been trying to keep track of the "successful/unsuccessful" attempts that members have been reporting. I "think" that members who initially contact Keystone with everything needed to support their request (photos, explanations with dates/times/circumstances) in a complete package, all submitted at the same time, and during the second week of the month, seem to have a better success rate than those who ask, wait for a reply, call and complain that they haven't got an answer, then submit a partial package, call back asking for results, then submit the rest of the information requested. Those "haphazard" submissions seem to almost always go to the "denial file"....

Why the second week? This is speculation, but seems to be somewhat accurate in results obtained. Like any business, Keystone "allocates" a specific annual budget for "Good Faith customer service requests". That is divided up into monthly allocations. It seems that the first week of the month, bookkeeping is getting caught up, the second week, the money is in the computer when Customer Service reps are processing "out of warranty" claims, and the money is pretty much gone by the third week...

So, claims that are submitted during the second week, complete and ready to be approved and paid, tend to be in the "successful 50%" while those that get processed at other times seem to be "denied". Possibly it's because there's money during that second week and the rest of the month, even if approved, there's no funds allocation to pay for it, so it gets denied for "good faith payment"....

This is just my "hunch" but it seems that when members report they get an approval, it's toward the end of the second week or the beginning of the third week that we hear of their success.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote