View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
BeerCan

Got some new tires on my Fuzion

I needed to replace the tires on my new fuzion because I drive the speed limit (70mph) and the tires on it were only rated for 65.

17.5 inch tires were certainly a possibility, but because I just purchased the trailer it was hard for me to justify the price of replacing the rims and tires. Luckily my trailer came specked with 110psi rims so I was able to look for G rated 16” tires.
Of course there the Goodyear G614. A fine tire and a decent reputation. I soon found that just the tires alone would cost me almost as much as a 17.5 upgrade so I felt there had to be more options I looked on other RV forums, hotshot forums tractorbynet, etc and I found out there are indeed quite a few options. Some that have some pretty good reviews if you look hard enough. 2 that rose to the top were the Sailun and the Gladiator brands of 235/85 16 LRG but there are many others.

So I settled on the Sailun. Initial impressions are that it is going to be a good tire. It looks well built and it was very heavy(51Lbs). It is at least 20 lbs heavier than the tires I took off. I know weight is not an indicator of quality. The tires guys at the shop I purchased them from were impressed also but of course the proof will be in the use. They were about 45% cheaper than the G614

They are made in China.Load range G (3750LBS), Speed rating is L (75mph). It is aLT tire but imprinted right on it is “Trailer use only”. The website indicated “all position” They have a closed shoulder design.

Compared to the Grand Ride ST

BeerCan is offline   Reply With Quote