Thread: Peeling decals
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Trailer Trash2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicon View Post
I removed my decals on a previous trailer by pulling them off when they were heated in the sun (similar to using a heat gun or hair dryer, but less likely to cause damage - if you are careless). I removed the remaining adhesive with duct tape. I applied the duct tape and rubbed the back of the tape with a cloth to make sure I had solid adhesion. At the same time, I left a corner of the tape curled over so I could grab it easily and slowly peeled it off the camper wall. The tape does a great job of removing the adhesive and you do not have to worry about using chemicals that might harm the surface of your rig.
I agree with vicon with all the hot weather we have been having they should come off very easy, and less clean up too.
Keystone uses inferrior graffics vinal as far as im conserned mine were peeling on the edges 2 years after I bought it. Keystone "Sorry out of warintee" Grrrr
I'll take them all off and have a graffics desiner paint on some thing else other than an advertisement