View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
geo

Red face Wow!

LI Happy amper -

Now I feel foolish for all the griping I did over a fresh water fill line kink! That is on my Alpine 3640RL. Wow! I'm going to print your post off and look at my Alpine again! I fixed the fill line but am told I violated the warranty for it. Yup, big deal. But . . . Wow! You certainly have all my thoughts, prayers, and empathy!

My battery compartment door isn't closing properly either. The screws holding the latch in place have split the plywood frame. I put some slightly longer screws in that seem to help, but I would like to modify the latch so it attaches on the sidewall of the battery compartment.

I think I have the same Winterizing Inlet problem that you do. I discovered mine when trying to sanitize the fresh water system. The valve is hooked up wrong. In fact, when the valve is supposedly on the "Winterizing On" setting, it is actually on the fresh water tank line. Ninety degrees further, basically in the WaterWorks white area not pointing to anything, it is on the Winterizing Inlet line. I pulled the basement panels and examined all the water lines . . . over a 4 week period (includes fresh water fill line problem/solution).

But short of that, and some minor glitches that I could fix, Wow! I should shutup and go sit in the corner!

I had some "problems" with the dealer I bought my Alpine from, location being about 220 miles away. Supposedly he was a "Bank of America Preferred Dealer" which was supposed to make using my BoA RV loan easy to close with minimum paperwork. Problem was, he never completed the BoA Preferred Dealer paperwork, so he wasn't! If it had not been for a dedicated and kind BoA RV loan rep in Atlanta, GA working the phones very hard, I would have walked on a custom ordered Alpine! Actually, that set the tone for my water line dissatisfaction . . .

Good luck! And keep us posted. I hope the two items above might help you.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote