View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
mobile42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harried Harry View Post
Although you were in your trailer, regular homes had frozen pipes. I live north of Las Cruces and the temperature was -8 for two days. None of my pipes froze, but I just finished replacing a pipe that burst two months ago, which means I insulated the h pipes and attic (R45).
My Cougar has heat tape on the tanks to keep them from freezing. These seem to work even when I am on battery. My suggestion is to heat tape all the tanks and outlets, then wrap everything with insulating bats for HVAC systems. It will help a lot.
My truck camper has polystyrene block insulation underneath, so you might consider adding that to your trailer.
Talk with the people at Fun Country; they might be able to assist you in your repairs; who knows -the repairs might be covered by the warranty.

I apologize for not correcting my trailer description on my signature. Once we arrived in Albuquerque, I crawled under this new trailer where the fresh water tank is located (at that rear) and attempted to remove the screws that hold that underbelly material to attempt to place heat tape at or close to the tank and water lines and I couldn't see the tank. There was another material insulating the tank (i guess). Keystone did a decent job but not enough to handle those minus degrees. I wasn't going to try to remove any material because it was all nicely pack and tucked like shipping a care package overseas if you know what I mean. The only expose pipe in this trailer is the one coming from the black water tank (and of course that won't be an issue). Both grey and black tanks and valves are not exposed at all to the elements. The only items expose are the drain pipe from the fresh water tank that does hang out 3 inches and the low drain outlets but that's it.
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote