View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
win

Water leaking into 2013 hideout 22rbwe

Hey all. Need some advice and some piece of mind. Last week it rained quite a bit and on Saturday I decided to check my trailer for any signs of water leaking. It's a 2013 hideout 22 rbwe and we've taken it out twice early this month. Just bought in march. My front storage compartment was soaked on the passenger side and not so much on the drivers side. Inside the trailer, the closet at the front passenger side floor is also soaked. This also soaked through the closet and at the corner of bed. This is the same plywood that is at the top of the storage compartment on the passenger side.
I called the dealer to make an appointment but they can't get me in until next week and it is supposed to rain all through to next week. So today I was at my trailer to caulk around the storage compartment frame as there were some visible gaps on the top. The carpet in the storage compartment as well as closet were dry today as I dried it out both Saturday and Sunday. I saw that there were rain clouds on the way so I waited at the trailer to see if the proflex caulking fixed the leak. I started to pour so I went inside the storage compartment with a flashlight and waited. Not even 5 minutes of rain I saw water dripping down from the very front top corner on the passenger side. The carpet was beginning to get wet as well as the wood at the top right corner was showing wetness. I got out and checked inside the closet and the same corner was getting wet.
I went on the roof after the rain died down and checked for any possible way water was to get in and could not find anything around the front cap. The dealer cannot get me in until next week and the forecast is rain every day into next week. Am I going to have mold issues? And what should I be expecting from the dealer repair wise?
At one point when it was raining, if I put my hand on the top angled panel inside the closet I could feel the water hitting that panel.
win is offline   Reply With Quote