View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
jerseyphil

Polar Package PLUS

No. I haven't purchased mine yet. Just getting a few details out of the way. Received my new 3/4 ton truck on 9/3. Had a slider hitch installed. Removed the hitch. Had Line-X sprayed into the bed. Went to the RV show in Hershey, PA where I saw a new 318SAB..... Love it!! Next day, my wife and I went to Maine for 10 days. We go every year about this time. My wife has relatives there.

Now, I will re-install my hitch and buy a Bed Cover. I researched so many covers. Everyone will give a different opinion, and have their preferences. For me, critical was my hitch being secure (no canvas), and 5th wheel functional without removing the bed cover. So, that meant either a roll-up type, (didn't like the canister taking up space), or a flip-type.

Bak-Flip folds up against the rear window (don't like that). Leaving the last flip down would interfere with the 5th wheel. A product called Fold-a-Cover G4 elite has 4 panels. All folded up on the last panel, the 5th wheel (they claim) will easily clear. And, the front panel can be lifted the toward the rear to access items under the first panel. I am going to see one on a Ford F-150 on Thursday.

If all goes well, within a few weeks, I should have a bed cover. THEN, my wife and I will look for a good price on the 318. We are retired, so we can travel wherever it is. Hopefully, within a couple of months, we will have ours.

Thanks for the info on your 2010 having the Polar Package Plus.

Regards,
Phil (sorry for the long-winded reply)!!
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote