Thread: Peeling decals
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #10
rllwilson

Angry Peeling Decals

Just to relate my most recent experience with Keystone No Customer service. I encourage you to stay vigilent with them to get these decals replaced with quality products. I own a 2010 Cougar which I purchased new July 2011. I love the trailer and its design, but have had two major problems since purchasing that relate to the construction and materials. 1) Roof leak discovered just after warranty expired because I had limited use prior to warranty expiration and never exposed to steady week of rain when the trailer was sited on a level pad. It took a lot of hard work pictures and shabby dealer customer service to prove that the roof had not been constructed correctly at a major front seam and Keystone finally paid for the repair. 2) some but not all of the decals are literally curling and falling off on one side of the trailer (receives more sun than the other). The forum discussions indicated that there was a quality problem with decals from the period when my unit was manufactured so I contacted Keystone directly hoping to find that at the very least, they would supply decals that I could use to replace the defective ones (at my cost). After speaking with 3 different folks in "owner relation", and being sent on 3 wild goose chases to 3 incorrect decal suppliers, and accused of incorrectly washing it (used dealer RV wash on ALL decals)I was finally told that they had identified the correct manufacturer but "You are unable to purchase graphics directly from BGS or Keystone. You can use the model I sent you to order replacements through a Keystone dealer." I followed up with a Keystone warranty individual who had assisted with my roof defect, and was told that "Unfortunately, this is something I will not be able to assist on as your warranty has expired. I do apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause." So sorry for the long post, but word to the wise. Customer service is horrible and they do NOT stand behind their products after warranty regardless of the cause. Stay vigilent and take lots of photographs.
rllwilson is offline   Reply With Quote