View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
sloman2001

Thanks for the replies. Just for clarification, I do have a bypass valve for the WH. I can see it when I remove the screws for the access panel. Yes, this is probably standard. I had one on my last rig. But this is not what I was inquiring about. I was asking about a bypass valve from the water pump to the fresh water tank.

What I didn't realize is that a bypass valve from the water pump to the fresh water tank, allowing you to "suck in" anti-freeze instead of fresh water, was not standard. That is the bypass valve I was originally inquiring about.

I can install a bypass valve there, my problem is getting one really. The outside diameter (OD) of the fresh water hose in my rig is 3/4" as opposed to the normal 5/8" OD. I just picked up a regular bypass valve today, but it doesn't fit because it is for a 5/8 OD. I need to find a different sized one. I guess I'll have to go to the dealer.

For what ever reason the 2010 Cougar (not sure of other years) uses larger diameter piping (3/4" OD) for the fresh water supply ONLY. In all other areas, it uses a 5/8 OD. The fresh water pipe is a plastic re-inforced pipe, not sure why.

IMO, this bypass valve really should be a standard.
sloman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote