View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #19
Festus2
Site Team

Michael:
Your pipes would most likely freeze very quickly if you were camped out in 0 degree weather for even a short period of time. At temperatures like this, I would not count on the "Arctic Package" ( or whatever name Keystone has called it) to keep your water lines and tanks from freezing.
Even at 20 degrees, your plumbing system will be at risk of freezing.
You are right, it does depend upon a number of factors - the length of time that your RV will be exposed to these low temps and the wind are probably the most important ones to consider - other than the actual outside temperature.
You have to remember that the Coroplast has all sorts of small openings which will allow cold air to quickly penetrate into that area and the insulation around those pipes and tanks in your Sprinter is probably non-existent. In addition, the amount of warm air provided by your furnace that actually reaches your exposed plumbing certainly isn't enough to offer much protection against below-freezing temperatures.
I certainly would not rely on what Keystone has described as the Arctic Package. Instead, I would carry out my own upgrades and modifications to ensure that I am better protected in freezing temperatures.