View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
caberto

Dumping questions on 324rlb

Hi all, we have a new Keystone Cougar 2010 324RLB, and have been out twice in it.

I have some questions regarding dumping:

I have two drain pipes, one says black, one says gray.

I also have two drain levers in the left storage area, one gray and one black.

In addition, I have one lever next to each drain pipe outlet, which are not marked with anything.

The two drain pipes make sense to me (one black, one gray). However, I've noticed that even if I keep the hose connected to the black drain pipe, and pull the gray water lever in the compartment, I still get something draining from there (the black drain pipe).

I also have a nagging suspicion that the two drain levers in the storage compartment are labeled wrong - the black lever is on the right, and the gray is on the left side if you're facing the levers.

How many tanks do I really have here (the trailer bottom is completly enclosed, so I can't see the tanks)? There is the main bathroom with shower, sink and toilet, and there is a rear bathroom with only toilet and sink. Then there is the kitchen of course. I don't know where all these drain. The manual is pretty generic (not model specific) and not very helpful in this regard.

The control panel has lights for 1 black tank, 2 gray tanks, 1 galley, and 1 fresh water tank, but I don't know if that's just a standard panel used for all trailers.

Finally, what are the other two levers for (one next to each of the drain pipe outlets)? If I pull these out, I get more (better?) flow when dumping... is it for allowing air in?

Oh, I also have the black tank flush option, so can I keep the gray tank dump open? I find the gray tank gets full every 1.5 days or so with 5 of us.

OK, one more question... how do I drain the fresh water tank? Again, I can't see the tanks underneath the unit, as the bottom is enclosed.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for the long post - but am rather confused.

Thanks!
caberto is offline   Reply With Quote