Thread: queen bed
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

We just returned from 5 days (nights) which is our first trip of this season. The trailer performed well, but that DAMNED mattress was anything but comfortable. While it's a "short queen" and my feet hung off the end,
(I'm 6'2"), I usually sleep with my feet hanging off the end of the bed anyway, so no big deal there. What made it rough to sleep well for me was the "sponginess" of the mattress. This is the first innerspring mattress I've ever slept on that let my butt hit the plywood base under the mattress. It sort of reminded me of the old 3" foam mattresses in the old truck campers. I'm not sure if a foam topper will really fix the problem, so if it works for you, please let us know. I'm thinking that the only way to really fix it is to get a good mattress as a replacement, but it seems expensive to pay "full price" for a "half size" mattress and a regular queen won't fit in our bedroom. That being said, I'm really interested in how well a memory foam topper really helps the situation.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote