View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #14
mobile42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScott View Post
So, What is the best camper to use in cold weather?
We (and the DW) just picked up our new 327RES this past Tuesday (2/1/11) from Fun Country RV in Anthony Texas. We had to stay overnight at a RV park in Las Cruces New Mexico due to the extreme winter conditions shutting down the interstate to Albuquerque. We were excited about staying overnight in it immediately so I filled my water tank up and disconnected the garden hose and everything seemed okay until the next morning, I guess my fresh water tank and water line froze overnight. Heater ran all night too! Good thing we had fresh bottled water for drinking, cooking, handwashing and restroom use. We had to shower at this RV facility. Finally made it home on Thursday and still trying figure what type of tank and hose heater I may need to install to keep this from happening again. It don't matter if you have the a RV Arctic insulation or a 4 Season Package, Mother Nature is brutal when the temperatures are minus degrees outside.
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote