View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #31
katie2011

Exclamation Removable and Installation of New Decals

I could not upload the Adobe .pdf file with the instructions that Keystone sent me for removing and installing the decals. The Forum has a limit of 19.5 KB and the .pdf is 92 KB. However, you should be able to get Keystone Customer Service or www.burlingtongraphics.com to send the file to you. Warning: it was sent to me as a .gif and I had to convert it to a MS Word .doc file to open it. Below I cut & pasted the instructions. HOPE THEY HELP.

Exterior Graphic Installation / Removal Instructions

Below is a step by step guide to successful graphic removal

• Soften graphic and adhesive by first warming the graphic with a heat gun or blow dryer. Facing graphic to the sun on a warm day will also help.
• After removing graphic, any remaining adhesive can be removed by using chemical cleaners such as lacquer thinner or citrus cleaner.
• Make sure to thoroughly clean residue left behind by these chemicals with isopropyl alcohol before applying a replacement graphic.

Below is a step by step guide to successful graphic installation

• Surface temperature of substrate should be a minimum of 45 degrees for optimal adhesion and performance.
• Clean substrate thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol prior to graphic application.
• Use proper application tool to apply graphic; squeegee for smooth wall; rivet brush for corrugated metal.
• Remove liner from back of graphic.
• Gently place graphic in desired application location.
• Squeegee vertically in center of graphic towards the outer edges. Graphics can be lifted to removed slack and prevent creases prior to squeegeeing, but not after.
• Leave protective pre-mask on graphic for at least 15 minutes prior to removing.
• Remove pre-mask by pulling 180 degrees across the graphic, not 90 degrees away from the substrate.
• Graphic should be re-squeegeed after removal of pre-mask, especially where removal begins and at small points.
• Air bubbles can be popped and removed by using a tool with a fine point, like a pin. Do not use a wide blade like a Stanley or Exacto knife
katie2011 is offline   Reply With Quote