View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #12
Steersall4

not sure who/when this will be seen but I will add this anyway. the By pass for the pump should be Right at the pump. on the outside of the pump normally a brass valve. should have a brass cap on top. one turns the valve so it closes it. unscrew the cap, screw on a fitting that has a peice of plastic hose long enough to place in the antifreeze jug. make sure all faucets are shut, turn pump on. it will run and suck alot of the antifreeze out of the jug then shut off. open one faucet at a time. start with the one the furtherest from the pump. as each pumps out "pink' close that one and open another. repeat the comoode,shower and if there is an outside shower also. once you get some anitfreeze out of each one, and some down all the traps and you will any way, your all done ! I can winterize my cougar in less than 10 minutes NOT including the time for the water heater to drain N be bypassed(FIRST). There is simply NO need to do anything from under the trailer. Unwinterize? just put on water pressure and /or fill fresh water tank. UN bypass and thats it! use. RV antifreeze is not toxic but it just don't taste good and ofcourse you wouldn't want much of it. ooooH yea it'll take a lot of water to get rid of the antifreeze taste if ya put it in the fresh water tank ! but I am sure that'd work! with water heater drained and by passed, it only takes one gallon to do my cougar.
I don't know why some come with the byPass's from the factory and others must not!