View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

First, welcome to the Forum. Second, are you looking in the right place for the bypass valve? I assume you are talking about the valve that isolates your HW tank from the rest of your fresh water system so that you don't end up filling your HW tank with RV plumbing antifreeze.
On my Cougar and I would assume on all recently-built Keystone RV's, a bypass valve has been installed and, in my case, it is not near the water pump. I believe most of these valves are in close proximity to your HW tank. Mine is more or less in a direct line with it - but on the inside of course. There is a panel - held there by 4 screws - that I remove and the valve is right behind this panel. Turn it to the upright/vertical position and your HW tank is then isolated.
Somehow, I can't imagine an RV built today that is lacking this valve or valves. (Some RV's have more than one). If, after you have tried tracking it down and a conducting a thorough search, it still can't be found, then you might try asking for some assistance on this forum. Again, I don't think that you need to install one - it is there - somewhere.