View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Jim W

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris199 View Post
I thought I understood..now confused by Good Sam info....
" Set inflation pressures (Note: the amount of air pressure you need depends on the weight of your fully loaded vehicle. Use the vehicle’s recommended pressure, not the pressure indicated on the tire which is usually the MAXIMUM allowable pressure)"

Have cougar 29rev...sticker says tire pressure should be 65 psi. Should I really inflate lower?

Was being diligent, using tpms, keeping it to 60 to 62.

Now what?
I believe tires are Towmax

What you should really do is weight each tire and axle load of a fully loaded trailer. Than the highest loaded tire weight for each axle will determined what the tire pressure should be.

As an example say you are using Michelins XPRIBS on you trailer, that are LT245/75R/16 LRE size tires. You need to weigh them individually to find out the proper load that that tire is supporting. Now one side of the axle tire load is 2600 lbs and the other side load is 2900 lbs than you will need to inflate the tires of that axle to 70 PSI. The 70 PSI will support 7625 LBS with this type of tire. The other axle may have a different air pressures depending on its supported load.

This is true for all RV tires all though most users of RV’s just inflated them to the maximum tire inflation that is imbedded on the side wall.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote