View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
Ruffus

Lightbulb Warranty Issues

The problem with a lot of the warranty issues is it's not all Keystone but that's who everyone blames. Keystone buys all these parts from other vendors like Coleman, Dometic and so on. The service director at the dealership should contact the real manufacturer direct instead of waiting for a responce from Keystone who is going to contact the vendor direct also. This cuts out keystone as the middleman and speeds up the proccess tremendously. If it's a manufacturing issue such as fiberglass or welding or poor plumbing then yes go through Keystone but don't depend on your dealer to do all the work for you, they have hundreds of customers and depending them to go through Keystone is a slow process. Contact Keystone customer service yourself and by all means "be nice". They get nasty phone calls all day and when a nice person calls they go out of their way to help, I speak from experinace.
When my Dometic refridgerator would not work my dealer called dometic and I had a new cooling unit shipped, installed and tested in five days. When the A/C would not cool another dealer called Coleman got authorization and fixed the problem in an hour. I'm sure that this post will probably piss a lot of people off but sometimes you have to help yourself and treat people the way you want to be treated, with respect. Try it, you might like it!
Jim B
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote