View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Festus2
Site Team

Since the vast majority, if not all, RV tires are made off shore and mainly in China, it would follow that the blowouts and other tire failures would be on tires made in China. If we take this a step further, then Chinese-made tires must be inferior. Look at all the blowouts and failures they have had! Easy to blame it on China Bombs since there is no one else to blame.

I am wondering if there have been any studies or research done on these tires which actually show that they are inferior and deserving of the name "China Bombs". Have tests been conducted to show that they are inferior? Or are we basing our opinions of Chinese tires strictly on anecdotal information?

Situations, for example, reported by someone who had one Chinese tire blow out and came to the conclusion that all Chinese tires are "crap". I realize that this is a "real life" situation but there is no way of knowing the real cause of that blowout.

I am not promoting or condemning Chinese tires but trying to understand whether the big fuss about them is based on fact or fiction.