View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Handysam

Yes and no, how's that for an answer? Most campers with the so called polar/Siberian livability package is not quite what they make it out to be IMO. Our fiver has this package and I wanted to test it out. So last February, in the middle of the month we went camping. The fiver was new to us purchased in November, and heck I didn't care lets go camping. It was only our third time in it, and it was going to cold so I thought I would do a little test. At night I put a thermometer in the basement around all the plumbing stuff, and the first night according to my inside thermometer it got down to 23. When I checked the thermometer in the basement storage it said 47. Hmmm, Ok All is well. The second night it got down to 25, and the thermometer in the basement said 46, so I thought that was good. Now granted we only stayed two nights and the daytime temps. With no sun was around 50. The idea of heated underbellys is the fact that your heaters duct work runs through there and the radiant heat as you run your heater is what is heating your underbelly. I will probably not camp in that cold of weather for more than 3 or 4 days at the most, but now I know I can if desired. Part of the so called polar packages is better insulation in the walls and roof as some manufacturers claim. Happy Camping, Sam