Thread: Warranty Claim
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 02:25 AM   #30
rbev2308

I honestly do not think Keystone or any other MFR will ever do anything like this. I researched stuff for several years before upgrading to a fifth wheel. All I kept hearing was buy local and the local guy telling me if you buy elsewhere, don't drag this thing back here for warranty. Being a retired Navy guy after nearly 30 years of service, I asked the question, what happens if I move under orders? I thought this was all BS so I called Keystone and was promptly told our independent local dealers have the right to refuse warranty work and we support them. So basically, a scam in my opinion. I would think if it involves movement of the unit back home some common sense would prevail. I really desired to buy local but the reality was we were $14K apart period end of discussion. So a choice has to be made, is it worth $14K to buy local for one year worth of warranty? Heck you can spend the $3K or so and get extended and take anywhere you want and still be ahead as long as your first year goes smooth or simply drag back where you got it...That was my plan all along which fell apart because the selling dealer was a complete moron and I would not trust them to fix anything. My approach was always buy local if it were within $2-3K but when you are in an area where there is only 2-3 Keystone dealers within 100 miles and you settle on specific make, you are limited. Keystone could resolve it easily just like the automotive industry does but the simple fact is I do not believe they care or it would have been resolved.
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote