Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
murray5476

Angry Problems with Keystone Alpine

My husband and I just purchased a 2010 Keystone Alpine 5th Wheel from Sirpilla RV in Akron, Ohio. Brought it home July 17, was back in the camper 1 weekend later, and it has been back at Sirpillas ever since waiting warranty repair First we discovered a water leak in the bottom of camper, the AC was not cooling, and the refrigerator not cooling in electric mode. plus other small problems. The camper has been in the shop for 3 weeks, we are still waiting for parts that were ordered. Keystone has not even decided that their is a problem with the refrigerator yet.... It cooled just fine when it was running on propane, but when switched to electricity, the temp rose about 5 degrees. Supposedly, the dealership is running test on the refrigerator, after being in the shop for 3 weeks. We are not happy with our purchase at all. All we want is to be able to enjoy a camper that works. Has anyone else had problems with Warranty issues??
murray5476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:58 AM   #2
antiqfreq

Please keep us informed of your issue with your Alpine.

Sometimes when you first get your new camper there will be a few things wrong with it and hopefully your dealer/repair center will be proficient in detecting and solving your problems.

Certainly stay on top of them. Sometimes the smallest of problems can take forever to get the parts. I've had that 'one' part I am waiting for take weeks.
Lucky for me it wasn't a part that stopped us from using our RV.

Again, keep us informed of your situation and best of luck!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Kdaniel29

Good luck. We bought a 2010 Keystone Sprinter and after the first heavy rainfall, noticed that the slide was leaking. We took back to the dealer to repair under warranty. Dealer said they could not find the leak. Kind of hard to believe since there was about 4 in. of water in the camper. Anyway, they informed Keystone and Keystone denied the warranty work. I took it to another dealer, they found the leak in 5 minutes. Since the original dealer informed them they could not find the leak, they again denied responsibility. I stayed on top of this for 6 months, calling both the dealer and Keystone regularly. (Practically every day.) Spoke to a lawyer and he was willing to take the case but said it would cost more than if I turned it into my insurance.

Moral to the story: Don't buy Keystone. They suck.
Kdaniel29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Seann
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdaniel29 View Post
Good luck.

You got that right....
Seann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
soundman
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdaniel29 View Post
Good luck. We bought a 2010 Keystone Sprinter and after the first heavy rainfall, noticed that the slide was leaking. We took back to the dealer to repair under warranty. Dealer said they could not find the leak. Kind of hard to believe since there was about 4 in. of water in the camper. Anyway, they informed Keystone and Keystone denied the warranty work. I took it to another dealer, they found the leak in 5 minutes. Since the original dealer informed them they could not find the leak, they again denied responsibility. I stayed on top of this for 6 months, calling both the dealer and Keystone regularly. (Practically every day.) Spoke to a lawyer and he was willing to take the case but said it would cost more than if I turned it into my insurance.

Yea they suck, my warranty work never happened. I was reading my latest Trailer Life and all the Action Line problems were from (guess who) Keystone customers. I certainly will never purchase another Keystone Product.
soundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
dsniper22

The dealership that I purchased my Alpine 3500 from in Ohio was great. They went over the whole unit when it came in from the factory and found a bunch of little issues. One of the little issues was that the fridge wouldn't cool on elec mode, so the tech somehow reset the circuit board or something like that. I asked him if it was a simple procedure that i could do if it happened again and he said not a chance. The fride works great now and all the bugs that they located are fixed. I've found a couple small leaks, one under the sink and I don't know where its coming from yet( extremely small leak), and another one in the shower surround where it was leaking out onto the floor. Who ever installed the glass surround and door did a pathetic job with the silicone. 1 - $5 tube of silicone later and the leak was fixed (2 different spots).
Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
LI Happy amper

2010 Alpine

I hope I dont have any warranty issues with Keystone. The dealer I purchaed my Alpine 3500RE is over 300 miles from my house so we have been waiting until the end of the season to get all the repairs done and we are taking it in saturday. We have a list of 22 issues that need to be fixed.

1. Small crack in sidewall fiberglass
2. When hooked up to tow vehicle, sidewall seperates from bottom
3. Rear cap under RV expanded and bowed now leaving a huge gap
4. Spare tire winch broken
5. Leak in underbelly. Sags badly and when driving water comes out
6. Drawers tracks not aligned properly
7. Electric awning arms not aligned when closed
8. Hot water heater on propane keeps on resetting and won't light
9. Couch ripped and fraying. Piece of crap. Need replacement
10. Moldings coming off inside RV
11. Side wheel fender flare brackets both broken. Fender flaps in wind
12. License plate holder way off center in rear of RV.
13. Battery compartment door not closing properly
14. Motor for landing gear making loud winding noise and pops braker
15. Thermostat lettering for buttons completely gone
16. Rear ladder steps all braking
17. Furnace fan rubbing real loud when heat is on
18. Pantry has screws coming through everywhere. Cut my wife bad!
19. Winterization inlet will not pump antifreeze when pump is on
20. Cabinet where washer/dryer hookup is pulling of wall
21. Short in cable wire through RV picture will not come in
22. Graphics peeling off already

I hope I can get all these issues taken care of with little hassle. When I spoke to the Keystone rep at the Hershey RV show I told him all the issues I had and he said if I have any problems with warranty to call im direct.
LI Happy amper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #8
Ruffus

Lightbulb Warranty Issues

The problem with a lot of the warranty issues is it's not all Keystone but that's who everyone blames. Keystone buys all these parts from other vendors like Coleman, Dometic and so on. The service director at the dealership should contact the real manufacturer direct instead of waiting for a responce from Keystone who is going to contact the vendor direct also. This cuts out keystone as the middleman and speeds up the proccess tremendously. If it's a manufacturing issue such as fiberglass or welding or poor plumbing then yes go through Keystone but don't depend on your dealer to do all the work for you, they have hundreds of customers and depending them to go through Keystone is a slow process. Contact Keystone customer service yourself and by all means "be nice". They get nasty phone calls all day and when a nice person calls they go out of their way to help, I speak from experinace.
When my Dometic refridgerator would not work my dealer called dometic and I had a new cooling unit shipped, installed and tested in five days. When the A/C would not cool another dealer called Coleman got authorization and fixed the problem in an hour. I'm sure that this post will probably piss a lot of people off but sometimes you have to help yourself and treat people the way you want to be treated, with respect. Try it, you might like it!
Jim B
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
geo

Red face Wow!

LI Happy amper -

Now I feel foolish for all the griping I did over a fresh water fill line kink! That is on my Alpine 3640RL. Wow! I'm going to print your post off and look at my Alpine again! I fixed the fill line but am told I violated the warranty for it. Yup, big deal. But . . . Wow! You certainly have all my thoughts, prayers, and empathy!

My battery compartment door isn't closing properly either. The screws holding the latch in place have split the plywood frame. I put some slightly longer screws in that seem to help, but I would like to modify the latch so it attaches on the sidewall of the battery compartment.

I think I have the same Winterizing Inlet problem that you do. I discovered mine when trying to sanitize the fresh water system. The valve is hooked up wrong. In fact, when the valve is supposedly on the "Winterizing On" setting, it is actually on the fresh water tank line. Ninety degrees further, basically in the WaterWorks white area not pointing to anything, it is on the Winterizing Inlet line. I pulled the basement panels and examined all the water lines . . . over a 4 week period (includes fresh water fill line problem/solution).

But short of that, and some minor glitches that I could fix, Wow! I should shutup and go sit in the corner!

I had some "problems" with the dealer I bought my Alpine from, location being about 220 miles away. Supposedly he was a "Bank of America Preferred Dealer" which was supposed to make using my BoA RV loan easy to close with minimum paperwork. Problem was, he never completed the BoA Preferred Dealer paperwork, so he wasn't! If it had not been for a dedicated and kind BoA RV loan rep in Atlanta, GA working the phones very hard, I would have walked on a custom ordered Alpine! Actually, that set the tone for my water line dissatisfaction . . .

Good luck! And keep us posted. I hope the two items above might help you.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
LI Happy amper

Alpine warranty repair

Just an update. When I went to my dealer with my Alpine and my list of problems and showed him the seperation of th sidewall and seperation and bowing of rear cap on top of all the other issues he told me that Keystone will probably take my unit back to the factory to make the repairs because the estimate will be alot of money. The whole drivers side sidewall needs to be replaced and the rear cap needs to be replaced. Neither can be repaired.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #11
LI Happy amper

2010 Alpine

Update. I was just informed by my dealer that Keystone is taking my Alpine back to the factory to inspect it and do the repairs. there is still a slight chance they will give me a new Alpine. My dealer told me to come and clean out my RV of any personal belongings before it goes. I hope I can fit everything into my vehicle. Might have to rent a small uhaul tow.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
antiqfreq

Please keep the forum updated on your progress.

We really do want to hear all that happens and we certainly hope that Keystone comes through with their customer service like they should!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #13
DocData757

I'e had my share of issues with my 2011 Alpine 3500RE but it looks like they are getting resolved. The kitchen slide hydraulic cylinder had a blown seal and was leaking so much fluid that when I got the camper to my initial site, I had 3 slides coming out and my fluid was gone. It soaked the insulation underneath too. It's in the shop and the cylinder has been fixed. I am waiting on the insulation.

Also, I realized that they had installed the incorrect tank monitor. I had only 3 tanks being monitored, fresh, black and one gray but I have 2 grey tanks. Great QA! This monitor has been replaced with the correct one now.

I am still waiting on the replacement of one of my recliners since the mechanism jams. I have been told they are taking care of that too.

All the work was done under warranty but at a location in FL. My dealer is in NY.

I will be taking a closer look at everything now after reading this thread. I've had several other minor issues that I have corrected but as has been said, that is all to be expected. Most of the items listed in the detail report posted by 'LI Happy amper' are Ok on mine.

'LI Happy amper...
Item 6...I did have drawer slide issues but putting a washer in between the rail and the wood corrected that.

Item 21... With regards to the cable signal... make sure the antenna 'amp' is turned off. If it's on (if the light is on) you will not get a cable signal through it.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
LI Happy amper

Alpine repairs

Update. My Alpine is still at Keystone in Indiana. All my repairs have been completed. They are just waiting on a new couch. i didnt want the sam one because it would just rip and fray again so I asked for couch I saw in a Laredo and they ordered it for me. My entire drivers side sidewall from front to back was repalced along with major reconsuction around the pin box to fix the wall seperation issue. Entire underbelly was replaced and all repairs fixed. I will hopefully get it back soon and will keep everyone updated on the repairs
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
DocData757

Just out of curiosity, what is the date of manufacture on yours (its in the info label in the front on the driver's side)?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
LI Happy amper

Alpine problems

Update. My Keystone Alpine finally made it back to my dealer from the Keystone repair shop in Indiana last week. Upon receiving the unit back my dealer did a check over the unit of the repairs it went to Indiana for. ALOT of the repairs were not done and now my dealer has to do the repairs after it was with Keystone for 4 months. In addition there was additional damage done to my unit at the factory that my dealer has to fix. I was extremely angry with all of this. Keystone vowed to me to make everything right and they have extended my warranty through November 2011 and reimbursed me 2 months of payments which is a decent amount of money because I only have a 6 year loan. Mow lets see how long it takes Keystone to get parts to my dealer to get this fixed once again.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
LI Happy amper

Alpine

I finally got my Alpine back o April 14 and left for Myrtle Beach April 15. When I arrived in Myrtle Beach I noticed the sidewall was seperating again on the drivers side overhang. I took the Alpine back to my dealer on the way home from vacation to show them the seperation is happening again. They contacted the Keystone rep who I had been dealing with. Finally as of today Keystone has authorized a full replacement of my 2010 Keystone Alpine with a 2012 Keystone Alpine off the factory line. It is scheduled to be completed at the factory on May 11 and hopefully makes it to my dealer in time for my memorial day weekend vacation. Keystone has been great to me during this whole issue and could not ask for a better outcome. It is great to see they are standing behind thier product.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
Wyotraveler

You may want to go to the below site.

http://www.5thwheelreviews.com/Home.html
Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #19
DocData757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyotraveler View Post
You may want to go to the below site.

http://www.5thwheelreviews.com/Home.html
Groan.... not this again.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #20
Festus2
Site Team

More Groans - again.

The forum has already experienced this "review" and; for some reason, it keeps resurfacing and has appeared in every RV forum on the web. Unfortunately, it has, once again, turned up here.