Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
kenn209

Furniture Replacement?

Has anyone replaced the cheap, uncomfortable furniture in there fiver? I hate the couch, its too narrow, I can replace it with our love seat with recliners. The 2 chairs are horrible as well, would like to replace with Euro type chairs.

I know should have thought of this when I bought it!! lol
kenn209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #2
campingcpl

We replaced our 2 small swivel rockers with 2 swivel high back reclining euro style chairs with ottomans. We love them even though they take up a little more room. Much more comfortable that's for sure. We would replace the love seat too but we like the air bed that came with the love seat we have now and it comes in handy when the kids are with us.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
kenn209

We too like the airbed, but I was thinking they could just store the bed and use it on the floor. no need to keep unfolding the couch, Were did you get your chairs?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
campingcpl

The way our trailer is laid out it wouldn't be practical to put it on the floor because it would be more in the way then unfolding the couch. I was able to get our chairs through the company I work for. There are several places you can find them on the web. There is a place near where we live that has them and the prices are not to bad and they have a big selection. Here is a link to where you can get their address & number and also you can download their catalogue. http://www.amishcountry.org/destinat...tcomfortchairs

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 12-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Johnnyfry

New chairs

We are picking up a new 2011 318SAB next week and have been thinking of new chairs even before taking delivery. I have had a wonderful euro-style chair for years and we will probably look for another matching chair/ottoman. The dealer was not too interested in subbing chairs and we will probably have to give the originals away.

Another bed possibility for extra beds are Aerobeds, I have 2 and they are great for guests. They go into a bag about the size of a large sleeping bag.
Johnnyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Jim W

I have had my 2010, Cougar 318SAB for a year now. We have camped in it almost every month from April to Oct. I have found nothing wrong with the chairs maybe I am not to picky. I do not know ,but what do you find wrong with them. Also what is wrong with the couch in this model also. I have sat on it and it is far far better than the jack-knife couch in our other fiver.

We did go out and buy one more inexpensive ottoman for the chairs since we had one with are other 5er.

Oh will! Just my $0.02.
Jim
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
CWtheMan

In the picture provided below you will find all sorts of changes including a dual reclining love seat, glider chair, 2" blinds and all new window dressing. Not shown is a 32" digital TV.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=15836

CW
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
kenn209

Nothing "wrong" with the chairs and the couch, except the couch is too "narrow" Can't seem to get comfy on it. The chairs are "ok" but like you did I would like an ottoman or somthing like that... That's all.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #9
campingcpl

Our chairs where low back and only came up to just below the shoulders and didn't have any type of foot rest. They where comfortable for the most part. The wife wanted something with a higher back and some type of foot rest. We had looked around at several different styles and really feel in love with the euro chairs. So when I had a chance to buy a couple from my work at a really good price I jumped on it. Our air bed sofa is ok too, it's a little on the stiff side but works for us so probably wont be changing that.

Phil & Janine & Lady
Old 01-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
Devildogmom

Wink

We are planning to buy two recliners at LazyBoy for the new 327RES we are going to order. My Sweetie has to have a recliner rather than a swivel rocker and we found some really good prices for two chairs.
Devildogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
chuckretnav

Smile Chairs 327res

Right after we made the deal for our 327res we told the dealer we didnt want the recliners they had in their. First they where going to give us a $1000.00 and point us to a furniture place in town. then after lunch they just took another $1000.00 off the cost we kept the recliners and then went to lazy-boy and then donated the other two to a Charitable place. They picked up right from the trailer and the other two was delivered right to the trailer.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
mhs4771

I guess it all depends on your preference and which model Keystone you have. The tow rocker/recliner in ours are very comfortable and the couch is far superior to either of our two previous TT. With the power inflator it only takes few minutes and the couch turns into a very comfortable bed. Just my opinions from a Montana point of view.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote