Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Desert Chicken

Red face New Class Action Law suit against Keystone RV

I just saw an avertisement on TV that states If you own a Keystone RV and have had problems with it or had warrenty work you may be able to collectdamages. The Web site states that Keystone has knownly installed defective products into their RV's and covered it up.
Go to www.5thwheelreviews.com
Scroll half way down for all the information.
I am in no way associated with this website or the Law suit, I am dealing with my own issues on my RV and have elected to hire my own attorney to take care of my RV issues, I just felt everyone should know about this new information.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

For your information, this particular website was developed by one of our former members who placed the above website in all of his posts while he was here on the forum. This site and most of the information found in it is not "new". The former forum member did have some problems with his RV, did not get them resolved to his satisfaction, decided to develop this site, joined our forum and placed the original "5th wheel review" website into each one of his posts. As a result, this individual's forum membership was revoked.
The information, opinions and comments found in his up-dated website are those of one individual. According to your post, he has now placed ads on TV to advertise his concerns with Keystone and what avenues might be available for others who have had issues with their Keystone RVs. I have not seen this TV ad so I can't comment on its claim that Keystone owners who "have had problems or warranty work (you) may be able to collect damages".
Old 07-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
ftwildernessguy

This same guy has joined a Facebook group and plastered a link to his website. I find it more than a bit annoying, as I did his posts when he was a member of this forum.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:05 AM   #4
ftwildernessguy

Oh, and by the way, I just spent the weekend in my 2009 Outback 210rs and had a blast. Very comfortable and still no major issues.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #5
DocData757

I had quite a few issues but Keystone has been more then helpful getting them resolved.
I find that guy's website annoying. I've read through it and I've just rolled my eyes.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
wgb1

I felt like many of the issues he had a problem with were very minor and he was being very nit-picky. I had a catch on one of my doors that was improperly placed, but I did not make a big issue out of it. A screwdriver and 2 minutes of my time were all it took to fix the issue, No big deal. I realize he did have bigger problems with his trailer. On the other hand, when you spend 50 - 60 grand on a unit, you expect everything to be in good working order.

I think the RV industry as a whole has a long way to go in the quiality department. I looked at many, many TTs for several years and saw issues with pretty much every trailer I looked at. We are still very happy with ours and have had no big problems.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Old 07-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Me.Bikes.Dogs

I thought it was funny he said the electrical wiring shouldn't pass over the plumbing. Huh? Has this guy ever watched a house being built. There is electrical wiring over and under the plumbing. Oh well, to each his own. I do agree that the quality can improve in our RVs. I think they follow the 80-20 rule though. 80% of the RV is great. That last 20% could use some quality improvements but it would probably raise the price of the RV, potentially out of my reach. It's hard to balance affordability with quality. You usually get one or the other.
2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Old 07-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
ftwildernessguy

So keystone has offered to repair his trailer, buy back his trailer and swap it out for a 2012 and he still isn't satisfied?
Old 07-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
wgb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.Bikes.Dogs View Post
It's hard to balance affordability with quality. You usually get one or the other.
Excellent point and exactly what I was thinking as I was typing my previous post. The same is true with almost everything that is manufactured today from one end of the spectrum to the other.

2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Old 07-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Crazy Canucks
Permanent User Ban

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwildernessguy View Post
So keystone has offered to repair his trailer, buy back his trailer and swap it out for a 2012 and he still isn't satisfied?
Apparently not we felt sorry for the person when we first read his post here and on IRV2 but now he is starting to look worse than Keystone is.
Closed Thread