Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
CharmCityRV

327RES Low Point drains etc...

While this isn't our first trailer, it is our first Keystone. So far VERY happy with our trailer!

A couple of things I can't find though are the hot and cold low point drains, and the fresh water tank drain. Where are they?!?!

Also for those in the know... The trailer comes listed as having 76 gallons of grey tank capacity. Does anyone know the capacities of the galley and grey tanks separately...is this number a combination on the two grey tanks?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Pete & Rachael
Baltimore
CharmCityRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Ron

low point drains etc.

hi charmcityrv: on our 327 the hot/cold low point drains are above the front axel, and the fresh water drain is near the left rear stabailzer jack. As far as the gray and galley holding tank size, I have seen on the trailer somewhere a sticker telling all capacities, do you think I can find it now? I know there is that sticker hiding somewhere? Hope this helps. We sure love our trailer as we have had it since last august and have stayed in it approx 60 nights on several different camping weekends and even taking it to AZ in January this year, and also with no problems. Hope you enjoy yours as we do ours. Happy Campin Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
cpaulsen

My low point drains are just ahead of the front axle and the fresh water drain is also close the passenger side stabilizer. The tanks are 38 gallons each.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #4
CharmCityRV

I now have my project set for this evening...get under there and look harder :-)

We did about 13k miles last year with our Rockwood Windjammer TT last year, so like you Ron, we are really excited to get out there and get some serious miles on our new roll-a-home. Glad to hear that your travels have been so trouble free, we can only hope for the same. This past weekend was our first outing and so far so good. VERY different from pulling the TT!

CPaulsen thanks for the details on the greys!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Handysam

Welcome and congrats on the new unit. We love ours, got it last October and have been out 5 different weekends. We too had a Rockwood TT that we traded in on our Cougar. It is also are first fiver, and loving it. On the low point drains, they have caps that unscrew on them as well as the fresh water tank. Yes its different than pulling the TT, the cummins handles it well. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
chuckretnav

Smile 327 drains

Hey everyone we got our 327 in July 10. This is our first trailer for the wife and myself. We are both retired from the Navy and now in our 60s so we decided to be a little comfortable. Well the 327 came on the market while we where trying to decide how big how little how much money etc to put out. We are extremly happy. Our first big trip was in November 10. We went to Dallas area, then to St Augustine, Fl, then back home to Ft Wayne In. Everything worked fine kept us plenty warm and cool when we needed it. We had a front A/C added to our unit, and also two Eu2000i Honda with a parrell kit. Both fit in the nose compartment no problem. Plan to put a circuit breaker on the landing gear thou. Tired of changing fuses. Everyone who see's it thinks its in the big dollar range and think its a great unit. Us and dog's love it. Happy trails to everyone. Oh I had to look close for the drains also. the books provided by Keystone are so genaric why even write them.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Handysam

That's great Chuck, glad you had safe travels and it was problem free (aside from the fuses). Just a quick question, not meaning to jack the thread, but how is your front AC ducted, in other words does the air blow out all the vents when the front ac is on? Thanks, Sam
Old 04-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #8
chuckretnav

Talking Front A/C 327

Sam, the front A/C just blows in the front bedroom and the bathroom of course if you leave the slide door open. It's pretty loud so we only run it when the outside temp is high 80 and soon going to 90. At night the other A/C seems to handle everything good. It seem like we get more A/C in the bathroom than the front bedroom. Need to look at the duct work. And we also have had the shower cabinet leak like some others have, but I caulked it and everything is fine now.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Handysam

Chuck, if I'm reading your post right, your bedroom A/C is blowing out the duct work in the bedroom and bathroom? Have you checked the other vents to see if it blows out there? I can imagine its a little loud in the bedroom when running. I was contemplating adding one in the bedroom, but wanting to get some thoughts from people who have them. Thank you, Sam