Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Fireman640

remote

2010 Keystone Sprinter if there was a remote for jacks and awning where would the board be for it inside entertainment center? also is there a way to disable the jacks switches on the side?
Fireman640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
nauticalnutla

on my cougar it is mounted inside the outside storage compartment.
nauticalnutla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Mike L123

Not exactly sure if i understand the question? The actual circuit board, at least on our Cougar, is in the front outside storage compartment where the jack legs and motor is. The remote control unit forn the entire RV) sits in a little pocket on the inside info. panel (lights, pumps, slides etc). You can disable the switch by simply pulling the fuse for the jacks.

If i missed something please re post your questions?

Cheers!

Mike
Carol, My wonderful wife of 41 years
Kenzie Schweenie Tod, our furry faced Shih 't n Dash
Mike L123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman640 View Post
2010 Keystone Sprinter if there was a remote for jacks and awning where would the board be for it inside entertainment center? also is there a way to disable the jacks switches on the side?
The control board in our Cougar is also in the front compartment with the landing gear mechanism and motor. I believe it pretty much has to be there to keep the power wires for the landing as short as possible due to current draw.

I have not heard of disable switches for the outside landing gear controls, but it would be easy enough to get some heavy duty, high amperage switches and wire them in series to the existing switches. You could locate them inside the front compartment without lengthening any wire runs.

(Honest and straight forward piece of advice here: If anyone reading this is not familiar with 12vdc wiring to the point that adding switches like I just described is scary, I don't recommend this kind of job as a DIY project. Given the amperage capacity of the wiring associated with the landing gear, a mistake could be catastrophic.)

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote