Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
HO DIESEL

09 hornet 31rbds power issues??

I picked up my trailer from having some small cosmetic warranty issues done yesterday, and got home to find I have no power. I put out the 2 slides and made them 1/2 way out before the batterie died. I plugged into my 30 amp plug at home and still no power. checked the fuse box and found both 30 amp buss fuses blown. Thats it. went to Auto Bone for fuses and put them in and nothing. Dealer said try to disconnect the surge protector but its getting 124v in and 124v out. I have no power to the lights, enough power at things like the micro clock, plugs to light up a plug tester, but no lights or power to tv, awning, slides.... Dead. Charging the batt now but why is the main plug not powering the entire TT? Anyone have this happen?

Checked power in, power out of surge, all fuses and breakers..... Whats the Dealio?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	59  
HO DIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
Flyguy

If this trailer is under warranty this issue should be left to the dealer. As I understand your post, all fuses are good and all breakers are not tripped, but you have power to the AC outlets and the microwave but no power to the lights or the TV or the slide. The lights and the slide are all 12 volts and I would assume that the TV operates on 110v but there are 12v TV's and I don't know if yours operates on 12 volts or not. Assuming the TV to be 110v then we have a mixed bag here as some problems are 12v in nature and some are 110v, unless you have the expertise to dig into the nuts and bolts of the power conveter, I would leave it to the dealer to either fix the existing power converter or just replace it (my guess is that he will replace it) because he probably doesn't want to have a tech spend the time to troubleshoot it and it would be more cost effective for him to send the entire unit back for exchange or repair by the manufacturer, as the consumer, you are not in a position to make this unit good by repairing it and I think that this problem goes deeper than just a simple fuse replacement, besides if you do anything except replace fuses, you will void the warranty on the power conveter. The attachment that you have of you rig can be put into your signature, just go to "forum technical support" and read the post by the administrator on "creating a signature", this will also include inserting a picture at the bottom and a small avatar of yourself in the upper left (that's not a picture of me in my avatar although my wife would argue that).
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

As Flyguy said, sounds like warranty work, but. Is your battery charging? It seems as if your converter is not putting out 12v. Slide motors need full battery charge. I only run mine with the TV connected or plugged into shore power. I would turn all my breakers off and than back on listen for the hum of the converter and check DC voltage at the battery. I really think you missed a 12v fuse blown somewhere or a breaker half-tripped. Good luck and let us know the outcome. Hank

The tv not working has me confused .... only the antenna amp is 12v. DC.

OH! ..... Welcome to the forum.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
sbebenelli

Sounds like taking it back to your dealer would be the best bet if it's still under warranty

2010 Keystone Hidout
2000 Chevy Silverado 5.3 4:10 gears
Equal-i-zer Hitch
sbebenelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #5
bennydog

I'm guessing that this was not broken before you took it in for service. If you need to try and get it working before you can get it back to the dealer then I would look "around" the areas that they were working on to see if you can find anything that looks amiss, pinched wiring, screw through wiring, etc. Also is there a battery cut off switch installed? I have one on the old trailer and it had gotten wet and corroded and really messed with the electrical.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Flyguy

Here's a link to the info on the inverter/charger if it's a WFCO 8900 series: http://eaa1358.com/Passport/Inverter...ter/wf8900.pdf Please note that the manual says that if the battery or the wiring is hooked up backwards that the reverse polarity fuses will blow, is the battery hooked up wrong? If you have black and white wires at the battery, black is POSITIVE and white is NEGATIVE, this is the wire convention used on my trailer for both the 110vac and the 12vdc, I would have thought that the 12vdc wiring would be red and black with red as the positive and black as the negative but this is not the case.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote