Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2024, 11:43 AM   #1
Jerrycuda

Cougar 327res Sofabed

We recently bought a solid, well maintained 2011 Cougar 327res fifth wheel to use while on vacation in Florida. We are pleased with everything so far but can't figure out how the J- sofa converts into the bed. There is an ottoman but we don't know if the sofa should be pulled out and the legs drop down against the wall or get lifted over and drop in front? We didn't think to ask the original owners nor can we find a video.
Can anyone help?
Jerrycuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:00 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

First, welcome to the forum!

I don't know what you are referring to as far as an ottoman. I have looked at 4 videos of that trailer and none have one. On the J sofa the "sofa" part (the main couch) is apparently a queen AIR bed that uses an air mattress - the mattress may be missing or misplaced. I have never had one (in a trailer) but assume you pull the cushions and open up the couch. Here's a link from Josh the RV Nerd that goes through the trailer a bit;

https://www.google.com/search?q=2011...KGo2H6p-c,st:0
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:45 PM   #3
Jerrycuda

First, thank you for the welcome!
Just watched the video link you provided and other than a different colour it is the same with the J- couch. Yes, we do have the air mattress ( haven't tested it) and you'll see the ottoman centred at the bottom of the couch. It can be pulled out as an ottoman or even coffee table. Unfortunately the video doesn't show the couch to bed conversion but we'll still keep trying.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:04 PM   #4
Jerrycuda

I have tried to add an attachment from the Cougar brochure showing the sofa and ottoman. It talks about couch to bed conversion but doesn't show the " how".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2024-01-19-12-53-47~2.png
Views:	48
Size:	298.2 KB
ID:	46091  
Old 01-26-2024, 04:08 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

The brochure says to slide the ottoman under the couch then fold out the air mattress hide a bed. That would seem that you would pull the cushions out then extend the bed; it might hinge at the front or back or? They had some pretty novel ideas on couch usage about that time. I would just grab the front (or back) and lift on the sofa mechanism under the cushions and see what "gives".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, cougar