Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
mecfd67

How to hook up drain line permanently

Hi all first off having a blast in my 2012 Cougar 322QBS. I have it on a permanent site in a beautiful campground with a lake view. I would like to hook up the drains to the sewer permanently. Is the a fitting to place on the line at the drains that can be held in place by the factory tabs. And then regular pipe glued from there on. I would like to be able to remove if necessary without cutting it off or doping damage to factory pipes. Thanks for any help you guys can be in this modification
mecfd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Javi

Yes... I bought mine for another purpose but you can find a 3" female quick connect to 3" male slip fitting at larger RV centers...
Old 05-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
PerryB

One thing to consider is that you DON'T want to leave the black tank open all the time. You'll end up with a stacking issue in which the solids(to put it politely)and paper will stick to the bottom of the tank and only the liquids run out. Soon this unholy heap will build up to the bottom of the toilet and you'll have a back-up into the bowl. You want to start out with about 5 gals. of fresh water in the black tank for splashdown/dispersment, and drain it as needed. Replace the 5 gals. after each draining.
PerryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
hankaye

mecfd67, Howdy;

Did the same thing when I was parked in Utah.
Check this stuff out and look thru the rest of the pages.
Valterra (I has no dog in this fight), has a lot of useful
things to use.
http://www.valterra.com/rv/rv-main.htm
I used 3" Black PVC pipe and installed a Fernco
straight slip coupling ( http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/flexible-couplings )
so I could adjust angles ect. and when you have both ends secured it's nice to have a way to 'break' into the system if need be.

Just my nickel minus 3 pennies worth...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #5
mecfd67

Thanks all for the information. Now back to our normally scheduled camping.
mecfd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
3P'sInACougar

I would make one joint with a fitting called a fernco. Which is a rubber coupling with hose clamps on each end. That u tighten on the 4 in pipe. This way u have a little give an can separate the longer sections for winter storage. Just my 2 ct worth. Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3P'sInACougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
mikell

Some will tell yo not to leave the valves open but it's really not an issue just use lots of water. Were in our 3rd summer and no problems. Standard plumbing drain with an adapter from Wal Mart and cut the locks off it. Glued together and run a hose down the toilet every month when it's not freezing out
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Comptech

Ditto,
We had a trailer on a site and I would leave the valve open year round because it was skirted. I would just use a PVC pipe custom made to fit down the Poop Shoot and wash everything out once a week or so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Some will tell yo not to leave the valves open but it's really not an issue just use lots of water. Were in our 3rd summer and no problems. Standard plumbing drain with an adapter from Wal Mart and cut the locks off it. Glued together and run a hose down the toilet every month when it's not freezing out

2012 Cougar 330RBK
GVWR 12,265
2004 Ford F-350
Comptech is offline   Reply With Quote