Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Campnfireman

Cougar 330RBK Bunkhouse Door Flop

Well didn't like that the bunkhouse door was swinging into the bunkhouse because when the pull out sofa is out the door can not be opened. I also didn't like that I couldn't see the slide coming in. So my father in law and I set out to fix that tonight. It went extremely well and easy. We literally just swapped the door and trim around to swing outward toward the living area. Bad part is I didn't think to take pics but it was a snap. So those wondering just dive into it.
Campnfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
FrayCan77

Thumbs up

The wife and I were just talking about this last night. We've only owned the RV for two weeks. I'm not sure why the door opens that way from the factory, doesn't make much sense to me.
FrayCan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
KanTC

Campnfireman & FrayCan77,

If you're interested, there's at least one other member/owner who also changed/reversed the door on that model.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5871

I didn't read through all of the existing posts, but there may already be some photos available..... just type 330RBK into the forum search box.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Campnfireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayCan77 View Post
The wife and I were just talking about this last night. We've only owned the RV for two weeks. I'm not sure why the door opens that way from the factory, doesn't make much sense to me.
It was a very easy switch. Just be careful when taking the trim down as it will snap very easy.
Campnfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
BlindGuyNAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayCan77 View Post
I have a theory as to why it is this way. The sofa bed is a option. If it were just a bunk there wouldn't be an issue. The design just doen't take the option into account.

Need to do it on my 346 LBQ as well.

2013 Mountaineer 346 LBQ

If no one from the future comes to stop you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?
BlindGuyNAR is offline   Reply With Quote