Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #1
Eckerhill

Happy with Keystone

As an counterpoint to prior OP comments on Keystone RV I would like to say the following. First, it would appear that I had good dealers; I say dealers because my 2010 Big Sky was originally deliveedr to CW in Charleston, SC than transferred to CW in Pooler, GA. The Charleston dealer did the PDI using small orange adhesive circles to mark each defect found and writing in a number corresponding to a numbered paper written list of defects.

The unit was then transferred to Pooler. I walked the unit and couldn't find anything that was missed. Here a problem developed as Pooler said they couldn't get permission from Keystone RV to proceed on repairs. I called Keystone RV and explained the problem and they said they would check. With 15 minutes I got a call back that said the problem was that no one had updated system to say unit ownership had been transferred from Charleston to Pooler so when request came in it was being denied. They promised it would be fixed within 20 minutes. Twenty minutes later I had Pooler make a new request and it was approved and parts were put on order. A week later all parts arrived. Pooler did an excellent job of fixing every item on PDI; I have not had one failure of a PDI in two seasons of camping (8 months of use). Also, during my PDI look at paperwork I noted information concerning models of installed appliances on the factory inspection report didn't correspond to the description in advertising bulletins. I called Keystone RV CS and they said to check unit and if anything doesn't agree with ad material they would have dealer upgrade the appliance under warranty. As it turned out the unit was proper, the factory paperwork was wrong. I appreciated the Keystone RV CS never wavered a minute when I told them of possible errors.

Before taking physical delivery but after having taken title I did some calculations on tires and decided that Load Range E tires just weren't
adequate. I discussed this at length with CS at Keystone RV as well as Carlisle (tire manufacturer) and an agreement was reached to change out tires to Load Range F and upgraded rims at no cost. (An option is available now to have Load Range G tires installed)

After delivery two minor problems arose - both electrical as well as two recalls (Norcold and Transfer Switch). On all these issues I have worked with CS and gotten full support.

I'm very happy with CS support at Keystone RV and with the quality exhibited thus far in my unit.
Eckerhill is offline   Reply With Quote